Speakers announced for IPAF Summit 2023 in Berlin
Speakers have been announced for the International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) Summit 2023, to be held in Berlin, Germany, on 20 April. The IPAF Summit theme will be “The Future” – a look ahead to challenges and opportunities in powered access worldwide in the year IPAF celebrates its 40th anniversary.
The IPAF Summit in partnership with Access International will be at the H4 Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz; in the evening there is a gala dinner to reveal the winners from among the nominees in each of this year’s 13 International Awards for Powered Access (IAPAs) categories, with TV presenter Mark Durden-Smith returning by popular demand to host both the Summit and IAPAs for a third year running.
Peter Douglas, CEO & MD of IPAF, says: “We chose to look to the future at the IPAF Summit this year, as we celebrate the 40th anniversary of the founding of the federation. In the past 40 years our industry and the world around it has changed beyond recognition. Safety and technological innovations have altered the machines themselves, and the ways they are used, and they continue to evolve.
“Powered access is one of the safest ways to work at height and has achieved truly global recognition. What is the future of powered access, how will it continue to grow and expand as the safe and effective choice for work at height, and what are the lessons of the past 40 years that can help us spread key safety messages and shape the industry as it moves into the future?”
Following the IPAF AGM, the IPAF Summit speaker line-up will be as follows:
- Peter Douglas, CEO & Managing Director of IPAF, on 40 years of IPAF;
- Jay Iyengar, Executive Vice President, Chief Technology and Strategic Sourcing Officer – Oshkosh Corporation;
- Lars Thomsen, Chief Futurist – the Future Matters and member of the World Future Society, on emerging global trends;
- Marco Einhaus, Head of Subcommittee Building Construction – Berufsgenossenschaft, on MEWP safety;
- Susan Xu, CEO – Sinoboom Intelligent Equipment, on artificial Intelligence;
- Jürgen Küspert, Managing Director, Bundesverband der Baumaschinen-, Baugeräte- und Industriemaschinen-Firmen (BBI), on the German construction market;
- Kate Bell, Head of UK Training, and Alana Paterson, Head of HSE – Nationwide Platforms, jointly presenting on innovation in training;
- Ángel Ibáñez, IPAF MCWP Global Representative, and Kevin O’Shea, Director of Safety – Hydro Mobile, on how to co-ordinate a response to industry safety alerts;
- Katrin Blau, IPAF Audit Manager, and Romina Vanzi, IPAF Head of Regional Development & MCWPs on Building diverse teams;
- Alice Henault, Strategy & Development Director – Loxam; Karin Nars, Managing Director – Dinolift & IPAF President; Oana Samoila, Key Accounts Sales Manager – Almac-Italia; Carolin Winkel, Director of Strategy & CSR – Zeppelin Rental; will join a panel session chaired by Lindsey Anderson, Editor ALH – KHL.
- Karin Nars, IPAF President, offers closing comments.
(Please note all of the above remain subject to change)
For more information about the IPAF Summit & IAPAs, along with associated events, visit the www.iapa-summit.info website.