MCWP LOADING TOOLBOX TALK
Resource also available in:
WHY IS CONTROL OF LOADING IMPORTANT?
The loading of people and equipment is one of the critical tasks during the operation of MCWP’s. Inappropriate loading, overloading or unsecured loads will have an adverse effect on the platform and could lead to serious injury or death of personnel. This Toolbox Talk provides information on the correct loading of MCWP’s.
WHO NEEDS TO KNOW?
This toolbox talk applies to:
- User (who has control of the use of the MCWP on site);
- Site managers and supervisors where MCWPs are in use;
- MCWP operators/occupants.
WHAT IS A TOOLBOX TALK?
Toolbox talks are short discussion sessions that allow you and your workers to explore the risks and safety issues specific to your work site. The talks should focus on a single topic. A toolbox talk should be a regular occurrence to reinforce learning and gain worker buy-in.
IPAF TOOLBOX TALKS
IPAF’s toolbox talks focus on key issues when using mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs), as well as mast climbing work platforms (MCWPs) or hoists. The talks build on the safety messages highlighted through the Andy Access campaign (www.ipaf.org/andyaccess), and these posters will form part of your briefing. It is advisable that these posters be used throughout your worksite to reinforce your safety messages.
- IPAF MCWP Site Safety Guide (available on the ePAL app www.ipaf.org/ePAL)
- Andy Access ‘Don't overload the Platform’ poster
- BS7981 Code of practice for the installation, maintenance, thorough examination and safe use of MCWP
Ref: Toolbox Talk AM1 | TE-1101-0422-1-en-US