What is ePAL?
IPAF’s ePAL app is your digital wallet to store and share your IPAF powered access licences and qualifications, including the PAL Card for mobile elevating work platform (MEWP), mast climbing work platform (MCWP) and hoist operators. Competent Assessed Persons (CAP), MEWPs for Managers, Site Assessment (for MEWP Selection) all can be added.
- Digital Training Records: A digital wallet to store and share IPAF powered access licences and qualifications, including the PAL Card for mobile elevating work platform (MEWP), mast climbing work platform (MCWP) and construction hoist operators.
- Guided and Non-guided MEWP Pre-Use Checks: Streamlined digital versions for comprehensive assessments in adherence to manufacturer guidelines
- Exportable Pre-Use Checks: Operators can now export and maintain records of their checks
- Visual Warning for Failed Checks: Immediate alerts if a machine fails the Pre-Use Check, enhancing safety measures
- Digital Logbook: Provides an overview of operating experience on various powered access machines
- Machine Familiarisation Record: Keep a record of machine familiarisation, enhancing operator proficiency. Share machine work logs using device sharing tools, such as email and messages
- Safety Guides Access: Operator and site safety guides are readily available through the safety section of the app
- Reporting Accidents and Near Misses: Quick and anonymous access to report any accidents and near misses involving powered access machines, which helps IPAF to gather vital industry safety data
Available for both new and existing IPAF licence and qualification holders, the ePAL app is accessible on iOS via the Apple Store and on Android through Google Play. Search for 'IPAF ePAL' in the Apple Store for iOS or Google Play for Android.
What are the beneﬁts?
ePAL is highly convenient for operators and their employers – licences, qualiﬁcations and practical experience are easily shared from the operator’s phone giving peace-of-mind in light of safety and security. Digital PAL Cards are also fraud smart and beneﬁt from the extra security provided by a mobile phone’s log-in measures. ePAL provides operators with access to the latest in safety information and best practice to help them be safer in their workplace.
“The introduction of ePAL and digital PAL Cards is another great integration of digital technology welcomed by VINCI Construction UK. As we embrace more digital technologies we become many things; more sustainable; better connected, more engaging and ultimately, eﬃcient.”
Alan Woodage, Health and Safety Manager, Taylor Woodrow