Resource also available in:
Why is a rescue plan important?
Planning is critical to a prompt rescue of someone who has become trapped and timing can make a very significant difference to the injuries sustained – in some cases, the difference between life and death.
WHO NEEDS TO KNOW?
This toolbox talk applies to:
- User (who has control of the use of the MEWP on site);
- Site managers and supervisors where MEWPs are in use;
- MEWP operators/occupants;
- Nominated ground rescue person.
WHAT IS A TOOLBOX TALK?
Toolbox talks are short discussion sessions that allow you and your workers to explore the risks and safety issues specific to your work site. The talks should focus on a single topic. A toolbox talk should be a regular occurrence to reinforce learning and gain worker buy-in.
IPAF TOOLBOX TALKS
IPAF’s toolbox talks focus on key issues when using mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs), as well as mast climbing work platforms (MCWPs) or hoists. The talks build on the safety messages highlighted through the Andy Access campaign (www.ipaf.org/andyaccess), and these posters will form part of your briefing. It is advisable that these posters be used throughout your worksite to reinforce your safety messages.
- Andy Access Poster A4 – Rescue Plan
- IPAF Guidance on Emergency Rescue
- Rescue of Persons from MEWPs
- Best Practices guidance for MEWPs – Parts 1 & 2