MCWP and Construction Hoist Rescue Plan Toolbox Talk
Resource also available in:
WHY IS A RESCUE PLAN IMPORTANT?
Quickly rescuing someone who has become trapped at height can make a very significant difference to the injuries sustained – it may be the difference between life and death.
WHO NEEDS TO KNOW?
This toolbox talk applies to:
- User (who has control of the use of the MCWP or Construction Hoist on site).
- Site managers and supervisors where MCWPs and Construction Hoists are in use.
- MCWP and Construction Hoist operators/occupants.
- Nominated ground rescue person.
WHAT IS A TOOLBOX TALK?
Toolbox talks are short discussion sessions that allow you and your workers to explore the risks and safety issues specific to your work site. The talks should focus on a single topic. A toolbox talk should be a regular occurrence to reinforce learning and gain worker buy-in.
IPAF TOOLBOX TALKS
IPAF’s toolbox talks focus on key issues when using mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs), as well as mast climbing work platforms (MCWPs) or hoists. The talks build on the safety messages highlighted through the Andy Access campaign (www.ipaf.org/andyaccess), and these posters will form part of your briefing. It is advisable that these posters be used throughout your worksite to reinforce your safety messages.
- IPAF MCWP Site Safety Guide and IPAF Construction Hoist Operator Safety Guide (available on the ePAL app www.ipaf.org/ePAL)
- Andy Access ‘Don't overload the Platform’ and ‘Don’t overload the Hoist’ posters
Ref: Toolbox Talk AM3 | TE-20-EN-US-V1.0