Resource also available in:
A mobile elevating work platform (MEWP) must be inspected daily or at the start of each shift to make sure it is:
- Safe to use; and
- will not cause an injury to the platform occupants or other personnel.
WHO NEEDS TO KNOW?
This toolbox talk applies to:
- User (who has control of the use of the MEWP on site);
- MEWP operators;
WHAT IS A TOOLBOX TALK?
Toolbox talks are short discussion sessions that allow you and your workers to explore the risks and safety issues specific to your work site. The talks should focus on a single topic. A toolbox talk should be a regular occurrence to reinforce learning and gain worker buy-in.
IPAF TOOLBOX TALKS
IPAF’s toolbox talks focus on key issues when using mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs), as well as mast climbing work platforms (MCWPs) or hoists. The talks build on the safety messages highlighted through the Andy Access campaign (www.ipaf.org/andyaccess), and these posters will form part of your briefing. It is advisable that these posters be used throughout your worksite to reinforce your safety messages.
- Andy Access Poster A3 – Pre-use Inspection
- Statement of Best Practices for Workplace Risk Assessment and Aerial Work Platform Equipment Selection
- IPAF Pre-use Inspection Check Sheet