Booking is now open for the annual International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) Summit, which in 2019 will be held for the first time in the Middle East, and at the same time nominations for the International Awards for Powered Access (IAPAs) have opened at www.iapa-summit.info, with some changes to the award categories this year.
Both events take place at the Radisson Diera Creek Hotel in Dubai, UAE, on Wednesday, March 6, 2019, the first time they have been staged in the Middle East.
Companies and individuals are now urged to enter the awards with entry forms available to download from the website, including a new Digital Development Award. The deadline for entries is Friday, November 30. Those wishing to attend the IPAF Summit and the IAPAs awards dinner are also advised to take advantage of early bird rates by securing their place at the event now booking is open.
The 2019 IAPAS categories are:
- Access Rental Company of the Year
- Contribution to Safe Working at Height
- The IAPA Innovative Technology Prize
- Digital Development Award (NEW)
- Product of the Year – Scissor lifts & vertical mast platforms, (low level access, vertical mast booms, push around platforms, stock pickers)
- Product of the Year – Self-propelled booms & atrium lifts
- Product of the Year – Vehicle & trailer mounted
- Product of the Year – Mast climbing work platforms & hoists
- Powered Access Pioneer
- IPAF/Access International Lifetime Achievement Award
- Access photo of the year (Sponsored by Facelift)
Open to IPAF members only
- IPAF Training Centre of the Year
- IPAF Training Instructor of the Year
The new Digital Development Award is for rental companies and owners/users of aerial platforms, and is designed to recognize a significant innovation in the use of digital technology. More details are given on the award form.
The IAPAs are a joint venture between IPAF and KHL/Access International, hosted in the evening of the IPAF Summit conference, with a networking reception on March 5 and informative site visits arranged for interested delegates on March 7. Attendance requires online registration and can be booked now via www.iapa-summit.info