Site and safety managers can use the PAL Card online verification tool to check if a card is genuine.
Before using the tool, check that the PAL Card presented to you appears valid.
- On the front side, look for the cardholder's name and photograph.
- Check the expiry date and the machine categories the cardholder has been trained to operate.
- On the reverse side, look for the IPAF logo that is printed as a hologram at top left.
- Look for the cardholder's signature.
To use the verification tool, enter the licence number as shown on the card, e.g. "OP/1234567".
- You will see the date the cardholder was assessed and the expiry date. PAL Cards are valid for five years.
- You will also see the name and photo of the cardholder, as well as the machine categories he/she has been trained to operate (see categories poster on the right).
If in doubt, call the IPAF hotline: +44 (0)15395 66700 or contact your nearest country office.