IPAF US Convention: Learn to recognise and avoid hazards when using aerial lifts
Register here: IPAF US Convention
IPAF is holding its first-ever national event in the US focusing on current issues in the aerial lift and mast climbing work platform industry on 1 and 2 November 2011 in Chicago. The theme is “Powered Access: Recognition and Avoidance of Hazards”. This is a member event, also open to non-members.
Key industry speakers will present on a range of current topics, from the recognition and avoidance of hazards and employer responsibility, to updates on IPAF activities and recent research data, and what is happening in the Latin American market.
The two-day event opens at noon with lunch on 1 November, includes a networking reception followed by dinner that same evening, and ends at noon on 2 November.
• Accidents Do Occur: Learn to Fly
• Accident Research: Recognise and Prevent Hazards
• Overview of Industry Guidance and Best Practice, including OSHA Letters of Interpretation
• Employer Responsibilities: Training, Familiarisation, Inspections, Monitoring, Warnings
• Who is a Qualified Instructor?
• State of the Rental Market
• Planning for AWP Use: Risk Assessment
• Pre-Start Inspections
• Adequate Ground Support
The registration fee is $120 per delegate for IPAF members and $160 per delegate for non-members. The fee includes lunch, reception and dinner on day one, all breaks and breakfast on day two.
There is a special offer running until 19 September: Delegates from the same company can pay for two and register a third colleague for free. Register at IPAF US Convention.
AWP operator and instructor training, AWPs for Managers, and MCWP operator training will be held during that week. Details at www.awpt.org