IPAF is looking for a full-time accounts assistant who will work closely with the Financial Controller in managing the accounting function of IPAF worldwide.
• Educated to a high standard, degree level preferred
• Experience of working as part of a finance team
• Strong administrative skills with an excellent command of English and Mathematics
• Good knowledge of UK accounting principles
• Good understanding of UK VAT and PAYE regulations
• Excellent attention to detail with the ability to create clear, concise and accurate reports
• Ability to deal with Journal entries
• Good general IT skills with an excellent knowledge of MS Excel in particular
• Excellent planning and organisational skills – a systematic and confident team worker
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Ability to work independently and manage job priorities
• Knowledge of intra-European and worldwide VAT regulations
• Experience of working with the Sage 50 accounts package
• Knowledge of Financial Conduct Authority rules relating to Industrial and Provident Societies
• Knowledge of the powered access industry
• The ability to speak another European language
Supporting the Financial Controller with the following key tasks:
• Credit control
• Reconciling all bank accounts
• The management of the Sales and Purchase Ledger Clerks
• Dealing with Pre-payments, Accruals and Stock, and any Journal entries relating to them
• The budget process
• Month-end accounting process and generation of management reports
• Maintenance and development of accounting systems
The position will be based in our head office: Moss End Business Village, Crooklands, Cumbria LA7 7NU, UK.
Please apply by submitting a CV by e-mail to jobsipaf.org
Applications must be received by 11 April 2014.
First interviews will be held on 29 April 2014.
The job will commence on 1 July 2014.